Monday, July 23, 2012

Letter to my unborn child


To you my unborn child,

Know that, as I write this letter, you haven’t even been conceived yet. What can I say to someone who is just an idea at this precise moment?  I hope that when you’re old enough to read this you can come to understand what I’m about to say.

The world I’m living in at the moment is grim, and when you come into this world it will be grimmer. Currently I’m suffering through a great trial. Our Lord Jesus, in his wisdom as decided I need to pass through a valley of shadows, so I can learn patience, unconditional love, tolerance, and above all unconditional faith in him. He’s also been healing my heart from rejection from all sorts. His blood is a powerful weapon, for healing and for the salvation of humankind.

He’s also been teaching me what it is to be a father. I know that sometimes you will get angry at me, because I will have to discipline you. But know this, that I will discipline you because I love you. As a young adult, know that I have gone through what you will go through.

This is my covenant with you. I promise to always be there, to the best of my abilities. I promise to guide you in your life, in the path of righteousness. I want to show you the way, so that you don’t have to suffer through what I have suffered. I promise to discipline you with love, and to always set a godly example for you. I promise to teach you what God’s love is for you, and to support you in whatever path God has chosen for you.

Know that you come to this earth for a purpose, and it is my job to help guide you towards that purpose.  You are not normal, your life will never be normal. Don’t strive for normal, strive for extraordinary, strive to be above the rest; you are after all a child of mine, and also a servant of the Living God. You will never have a “normal” life, because, before you are even born God has already set you aside.

I will not be able to protect you from all of life’s suffering, but I will do my best to protect you from those that may attempt to destroy your life. No child, there is no Santa Clause, nor are there magical beings, but there is a real spiritual world, and we serve the Creator of everything. There is not a single thing that God Almighty is not capable of doing, just ask your mother.

If Jesus hasn’t returned by the time you reach adulthood, I hope that the 20 or so years that we will spend will be enough so that you can meet the woman that God has chosen for you beforehand. You will laugh at your wedding when you remember this letter, because I will be there and will tell you how proud I’ am of you. I don’t even know you, and I already feel proud of you no matter what you do.

It won’t be easy, life isn’t easy. But I know that God will help me raise you in a way that will be for His glory. I also give you the right to call me out, if I ever put anything, aside from God, before my family. My family will always be my priority, after doing what God wills.

I love you,

Your daddy,
Edwin R. Jusino Aldarondo

No comments: